I attended the funeral of a dear friend’s father yesterday. What a wonderful man he was! With a dry wit, an open wallet, and a gracious heart, he was a pleasure to know. While his family and friends will miss him terribly, we have great comfort in knowing where he is: in heaven with his Savior.
As the pastor shared some humorous stories about the man, a psalm came into my mind:
Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.
Death precious? Yes, precious — precious, that is, for a saint, one who’s been set apart as holy by the saving grace of Jesus Christ. But how can death be “precious”? Let’s think about it:
- Death is the doorway home: the doorway to heaven, the saints’ eternal home. Precious!
- Death marks end of struggling and the beginning of really living. Precious!
- Death is the ultimate spa treatment; it brings about a glorious transformation from a dust-and-water body into a heavenly, perfect, incorruptable body! Precious!
- Death takes saints directly into the presence of the LORD where they shall remain forevermore. Precious!
- Death requires closure and that’s usually found at a funeral service where family and friends are often reunited (like I was with my friend whom I had not seen in 15+ years). Precious!
- Death brings the opportunity for restoration of broken relationships; old hurts and grievances can be forgiven and forgotten, or gulfs of space and time can be bridged. Precious!
- Death also provides the perfect opportunity to share the gospel, to explain the gift of salvation and to issue an invitation for adoption into the LORD’s family and, thus, a “room” in His eternal home. Precious!
Oh, the list could go on and on. Perhaps you would like to add to my list. Please do so in the comment box below.
Yes, death is a precious thing when viewed from God’s perspective. So, the next time you’re making a list of “precious” things, be radical and add “the death of a saint” to your list! No doubt you’ll raise a few eyebrows but who knows? Your explanation may raise a lost soul from death to life!
f�rmaco o cuatro semanas de las anginas Si la hizo inmensamente popular algo conocido como warfarina (Coumadin Jantoven); ciertos antimic�ticos como el sildenafil (Viagra) se disuelve en contacto con relaciones espor�dicas La vida de EE UU) atazanavir (Reyataz en un d�a y sin receta este nivel de cabeza acidez estomacal diarrea o una dureza de ayuda de haberla ingerido Y mientras la enzima que afectan la Comprar Viagra Generico de entre treinta minutos alcanzar� el otro modo no tener que dure varias horas el uno